Apply to Speak at WooSesh 2020!
WooSesh is looking for a few speakers, and we would love to include you in our lineup!
The next WooSesh event is October 11-15, 2021 and comprised of live workshops and 25-minute, pre-recorded sessions. We're currently looking for speakers for those pre-recorded sessions.
If you've never presented before, or belong to an underrepresented group, or somehow feel like maybe you shouldn't apply, be encouraged! This application is for you because it is for everyone. Including your voice could be the tipping point in someone's life and career!
WooSesh has hosted speakers from all around the world. Some have spoken dozens of times, some delivered their very first presentation at WooSesh. Each and every one of them have been essential to making WooSesh unique and valuable to the entire WordPress community. We're glad you want to to be part of this group!
We are actively looking for a mix of voices – folks from different backgrounds, with different journeys and experiences, and who don’t look or sound alike. Everyone is encouraged to submit a talk proposal, especially people groups who don't feel well-represented at tech conferences. Please reach out privately if you have any questions.
Thank you for your desire to share your experience with WooSesh attendees!
- This is a completely digital and virtual event. All speakers, attendees, and hosts will be remote from one another.
- Each session will be pre-recored and scheduled for 25 minutes.
- All Q&A will take place via our event chat. You're encouraged to answer questions during your session and afterwards as well.
- All recordings will be distributed via WPSessions.com following the live event.
Benefits of Speaking at WooSesh
Every speaker will receive:
- The opportunity to be heard by a broad audience of WooCommerce professionals. Anticipated attendance is between 1,000-3,000 people.
- One (1) comped ticket to attend WordSesh.
- Up to two (2) coaching and review sessions for your approved talk.
- A $250USD honorarium sent via PayPal, Apple Pay Cash, Square Cash, Venmo, ACH, or physical check.
- The speaker application deadline is Friday, September 3 at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4).
- You will be notified about your application status by Friday, September 10th.
- Public speaker announcements will begin on Monday, September 13th.
- You may submit up to two (2) different presentation topics.
- Only twelve (12) speakers will be selected.
- Abide by the event code of conduct.
- Deliver an original-to-you talk that doesn't already exist online (note: it is perfectly okay to repeat a talk you've already delivered if it's been revised or it's not freely available to attendees elsewhere).
- Deliver a run-through of the current draft of your talk two weeks prior to the event.
- Deliver a final recording of your talk 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Provide a link to your slides/resources with your recording.
- Participate in a live Q&A during your presentation.
- Participate briefly in the event chat following your session for any follow-up questions from attendees.
- You have to know how to spell WordPress and WooCommerce and respect the WordPress logo/trademarks and the WooCommerce logo/trademarks.
- It is okay to share your products or services, and other products or services.
- It is not okay for your talk to be a pitch or entirely self-serving.